Freelance Jobs

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Wordpress Design Quest

I'm on a quest to learning Wordpress Design and it ain't that easy for me who is a PHP and CSS idiot. I think I'm learning the whole concept of PHP and CSS. I just need to understand the structure now.

I followed the Wordpress Tutorial I found, but the result was with little success. I got the essential parts right - basically you just need to understand what the codes are all about and copy-paste the given codes to the appropriate files and other places. I guess, if you understand the concept and is not so much of a coding beginner like me, it's going to be so much easier. After reading some other tutorials and studying other templates, I think I'm getting it. Like I said, some understanding of PHP and CSS is what I need to do now.

I wonder, can I just convert an HTML/CSS design to a Wordpress theme? I found that it is possible. I'm better at design and HTML than coding raw PHP so maybe I can do that and learn in the process. I'm going to try that and see how it will work for me. Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More