Freelance Jobs

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Full-Glass-Empty

Is the glass half-full or half-empty? When I was in fourth grade, I chose half-full - only because my seatmate gave away the secret behind the psychological question. Even after I raised my hand with those who chose to be positive, I still kept thinking, is it really half-full or half empty? God knows I spent a few minutes staring at the glass drawing on the chalkboard until the teacher erased it.


If the glass is full to its brim, then what if it spills and leaves me with nothing? Yes, the glass is full but I have to guard it really well because somebody might drink it. My glass is full of water - why do I only have water? Why can’t I have a glass full of soda… or beer? Why do I have to have water and others have my favorite fresh mango shake in theirs? My glass is full but I only have one glass.

If the glass is empty to its butt, then I can fill it to the brim. In fact, I can choose whatever I want to fill it with. Maybe I’d fill it with money than some beverage, what d’ya think? If the glass is empty… oh well, I still have a pitcher of ice cold iced tea in the fridge, just give me a sec. If I’m in the middle of the dessert and I have an empty glass, I could break the glass and use it to cut open a cactus for water.

If the glass is half-empty/half-full, do you have more or do you have less? I guess it really doesn’t matter whether it’s full, half or empty. Your mind will find ways to be thankful or ungrateful - however you choose. It’s your choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More