Freelance Jobs

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Getting Cat Poop Out of Our Doorstep

Three days days in a row that we're having stray cat's poop just outside our apartment door. It's ceramic tiles and we're on the third floor. If I have to clean it, I have to bring the poop 3 floors down and by the time I get upstairs again, I'd smell of cat poop. Eww.

There were 2 poop spot outside our door this morning and the stink comes in up to our bedroom.

Good thing our landlady came in yesterday so she took care of yesterday and today's poop. With my best friend Google, I searched for ways on how to keep the cat from pooping on unwanted space.

There are two ways that sounds easy:


>>> dissolve pepper in some water and spray on the ground
>>> make the space smell like lemon or other citrus fruits

Apparently, cats hate the strong smell so lemon is good. Put lemon juice on the ground. I wonder if lemon-scented liquid soap will work? Some people in forums suggest to leave orange peels in the area. The smell of ammonia should work too.

I was just thinking, how can I keep the scent on ceramic tiles?

By the way, there is also a suggestion of a chemical that can stop cats from pooping wherever you don't want it to be. Check out stopcats.com

This is the reason why I don't like having pets. T_T


Any suggestions for this problem?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More